Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The environs around Manow

I thought I would publish some  photos of the area around Manow, Tanzania to give an idea of where I will be for most of the time.



This is the Lutheran Church in Manow and where the classes have been held until this year...thanks to the generosity of many and the hard work of the director, Nancy Winters,  the Tanzania Teaching Foundation will have their own classrooms this year.  We are not exactly sure we will start in the new classrooms but we should definitely finish there.  This will make our jobs easier for sure.



This will be one of the skills I may be able to learn this time around in Africa.....even the smallest children seem to be able to balance very large packages on their head.


Here is the dining and work table in the house we will be living in.  I expect Sean - my teaching partner - and I will be spending many happy hours at this table.


Just have a few more items to get for the trip.  Have gotten some music loaded on my IPod that I hope to use in the classroom.  My son in law Cedrus found me a tiny speaker that works wonderfully so at least I will be able to start out with the right tune!  I was going to post a photo of all I have gathered pre packing but even to me it looks too overwhelming.....I'll wait and post a photo of the finished product - that will surely be underweight!


No comments:

Post a Comment