Saturday, November 30, 2013

December 1, 2013 My last day in Manow and WE HAVE POWER!!

I awoke to the beautiful sunshine and more importantly to the reassuring hum of the corn mill down at the bottom of the hill.  When the corn mill is running we all have power.  Life is good.  There will be toast and eggs for breakfast this morning.

I look over the valley and the mountains around Manow every morning from our beautiful spot but this is the last morning I can take a cup of tea out and enjoy the comings and goings of many who have become friends or at least "ugonili" acquaintances.

It has been such a blessing to me to be able to be here.  I will enjoy my day to the fullest. Church with wonderful choirs - we do miss the school choir since school is out until January - greeting friends and saying goodbyes.  Packing, relaxing, cleaning up and more packing.  Leftover chicken soup for dinner....and did I mention .... WE HAVE POWER!! 

Tomorrow we are off to Ruaha National Park via Tukuyu, Mbeya and Iringa.  We plan to spend most of our time there resting and relaxing.  We will  have a good journey with Tine and Martin joining us for at least part of the way.  We hope to see Jacob in Mbeya for a quick goodbye.  He was a great support to us during the completion of the new classrooms and is a great guy to boot. I am hoping to have access to power at Tandala so the next post should be all about elephants and birds!



No comments:

Post a Comment