Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013 Am I in North Dakota?

I am in my dining room after a hard day of teaching and trying to get my email to open….yikes you would think I was in a 3rd world country or something!  As I sit here I am serenaded by our resident bovine – the plumber – bellowing outside the dining room window.  I wish I could say “lowing” cause it sounds so peaceful and bucolic but no….this is genuine bellowing.  I am thinking she does not like what is on offer in the part of the yard she is staked in and is yearning to get back behind the bathroom pipes where we keep the good stuff. 





In the distance I can also hear one of the wonderful Manow Lutheran Church choirs practicing in the church yard.  This is an almost daily event….both the cow and the choirs.  I wonder??? Is this what it’s like to be a real Lutheran and live in North Dakota where, legend says, cows and choirs are everywhere…if it is, its nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment