Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 6, 2013 – My daily 11:30 AM pick-me-up

 Each day at about 11:30 AM the preschoolers leaving their class at church and primary school students returning from class walk by our class room.  They have been very afraid, especially of the wuzungu mwalimas, but also of our kids who are bigger of course and they are not all from Manow so the kids don’t know them.  Little by little they are getting braver.  Some will now say ‘good morning’ or uganili [the Nyakusa greeting] depending.  Some of them now try to fool me and sneak by and are full of giggles when they are “caught”.  Today they all had big smiles and waves and some of our students came to see what I was doing at the door, so everyone got a wave and a smile….I snapped the photo below but that was too much for them and they scampered off….maybe next time I can get all their faces.  It really is the little things don’t you think?


















No comments:

Post a Comment