Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 6, 2013 - Visiting in Lwangwa

Wednesday we had a trip to the market as well as a visit with Mr. Mwakatobe and his wife who live in Lwangwa.  I made peanut butter cookies to bring along on our visit.  It felt nice to do such a comfortable homey thing just as I would bring them at home.  We had a lovely visit with them...tea with Sambosa's [I have always heard them called Samosa's here but....the hostess worked hard to get me to say it correctly] that were delicious...little pockets of fried dough a bit like an empanada [sp?] with meat or a potato inside.  We also had papaya and bananas and roasted peanuts. 

Mr. Mwakatobe is the former manager of the tea plantation in Manow.  He is very gracious and answered all our questions about growing tea...who knew the plants can last forever as long as they are picked and trimmed consistently.  They have a lovely home and gardens in Lwangwa.  His wife is a teacher of English among other subjects at Manow Primary school.  She gave me a great connection for someone to show me how to make sambosa's - the mother of one of our students as it happens who is also a teacher at the primary school.  I am hoping she is not too busy to give me a lesson.  Update on the outcome of that very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment