Tuesday, January 7, 2014

For Kate…..Bugs and lizards I have seen and snapped in Tanzania……




Kate you were right….spiders are not the only bug in Africa.  I saw very few as it turned out.  I suspect the peppermint soap and shampoo did the trick and kept them away.  My partner Sean claimed the spiders in his room were appalled by the stink and pestered him to do something about it…..he was resolute thank heaven and did not say a word.  I did not photograph spiders for obvious reasons.....Here is what I did see and they are quite a group:

Ngama lizard I think

Outside my tent.....sort of looks like the baby monitor with spots instead of stripes



rhino beetle








caterpillar??


we were told this was a "baby monitor lizard" but it could be like a warthog is a "baby rhino"...no telling


Great looking lizard - green with orange head at the Iringa airport



enlarged photo of some praying mantis type thing


a baby lizard who made himself at home for a couple of days in our kitchen 



Isn't this cool....power was off and the photo taken by the light of my head lamp


On our lunch table in Dar es Salaam - shedding his skin maybe?

Love this guy but no idea what it is - it stayed very still and never took off from our front  porch

No comments:

Post a Comment