Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7th – after a bit of time




The holidays are over.  I have collected on what I think is the entire account of kisses and hugs missed over 3 months from all my loved ones – although I think John Paul and Luke might still owe me a few.  I have enjoyed wonderful holidays with good friends who welcomed me home with warmth and generosity.  I continue to reconnect with others and plan a trip to Florida in February to spend time with sisters and cousins.  





I cherish my time in Manow and each of the students and friends I was lucky enough to meet.  I can't measure all I gained from them and all they taught me, but I know I am more now because of having known them all.  Their gifts to me will give to everyone I meet from now on.  I am forever grateful to the Tanzania Teaching Foundation and Nancy Winters for developing a program that invited me to participate by being at the right time, for the right amount of time,  and in the right place.  I am forever grateful also to Sean Sheehan for being the right partner for a slightly obsessive compulsive [okay moderately obsessive compulsive] and slightly goofy, oddly liberal Lutheran lady in Africa and to Tine Albrecht for coming to Manow at just the right time and sharing her skills, good humor, good advice, printing and computer skills and good teaching with all of us.

Yes it does say that on the blackboard....what can I say?  We are not detail people and it was the only day we had someone to take our picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment